Map and Directions

Energizing the Future Conference at Wake Forest University

Technology, Policy and Entrepreneurship – A Conference at Wake Forest University on February 10-11, 2010

Wake Forest University » Office of the Provost » Energizing the Future Conference » Map and Directions

By Air

• Winston-Salem is served primarily by the Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) in Greensboro, NC. Commercial airlines serving the Piedmont Triad Airport include American Airlines, Continental, Delta, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, USAirways and Allegiant Air.
  • Taxis and rental cars are available, and express shuttle service is operated by PART from the PTI Airport to each major city in the Piedmont Triad. The fare for PART is $2 for adults and transfers are free. You can visit www.visitwinstonsalem.com or the WFU Visitors’ Center for more information on cabs, limousine services, shuttles and rates.
  • Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is about an hour and twenty minutes away. Information on transportation to Winston-Salem from CLT can be found at the airport website.
  • Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU) is about an hour and a half away. Information on transportation to Winston-Salem from RDU can be found at the airport website.
  • The Smith Reynolds Airport in Winston-Salem is available to charter and private aircraft as well as some commuter flights.

By Car

From Washington, D.C. (and points north):

• Take I-95 south to I-85 south to I-40 west.
  • In Winston-Salem take Business 40 to the Silas Creek Parkway North exit and follow the signs to Wake Forest.

From Atlanta (and points south):

• Take I-77 north to I-40 east.
  • In Winston-Salem take Business 40 to the Silas Creek Parkway North exit and follow the signs.

From Raleigh (and points east):

• Take I-40 west to Winston-Salem.
  • Take Business 40 to the Silas Creek Parkway North exit and follow the signs.

From Asheville (and points west):

• Take I-40 east to Winston-Salem.

By Rail

• Amtrak provides rail service to Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad through its Carolinian route. For reservations, call 1-800-USA-RAIL.

Parking

Visitors to the conference can park in any orange, green or red parking area.

parking_map

Download the parking map.

Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and Voices of Our Time